- No Comments
Nothing Drives Customer Satisfaction Like A Well-Trained Support Team
End user communication and training can be the difference between achieving the expected ROI and an unmitigated fail on a new rollout. Whether conducting classroom training, providing e-learning modules or digital job aids, ensuring that a new process or system delivers on the promise is as – if not more – important than the new process or tool itself.
The next-generation Learning Management System (LMS) from the award-winning ICS Learning Group, Inquisiq drives organizational performance via a simply beautiful learning experience for learners, their managers and learning administrators – from the classroom to the desktop to the smartphone.
One of the friction points associated with new processes or systems is the change management and end user training that must accompany the rollout. Ensuring that training and support resources are “always on” and easily accessible wherever the user may be – in the office, at home, in the field – presents an even greater challenge. Inquisiq was designed with this in mind. The system provides all roles with an app-free, mobile-responsive user experience that naturally extends the reach of your new hire training and orientation programs.
Just because you make end user training available doesn’t mean your target audience will actually use it. One way to drive utilization is to guide end users through process steps or features and functions, providing them with push notifications – keeping them on track – and making them accountable through management reporting. Automation rules for learner cohort creation; course and course path assignment; deadline reminders; progress notifications and scheduled reporting let Inquisiq handle (and scale) the mundane activities, letting your learners, managers and administrators focus on what matters most.
The last thing you need to worry about when launching a new process or system across a global organization is the intuitiveness and ease-of-use of the adjacent systems that support the launch itself. And that includes how your end users access the orientation and training programs supporting the rollout. Inquisiq uses a contemporary interface design to ensure that your audience has a learning experience on par with their favorite apps – professional or personal.
Rolling Out Logistics Software Update Without Disrupting Operations
World’s largest purchaser of aircraft, aircraft engines and avionics, offering private aircraft ownership to a global clientele of discerning business executives, celebrities and other luminaries for a fraction of the cost of full ownership. The Company employees over 5,000 employees worldwide, with several hundred employees staffing its flight operations center.
The Challenge | The Solution
The Company’s flight operations center is a sophisticated operation that ensures round-the-clock readiness of its aircraft, crew and supporting equipment. In order to efficiently run the business and ensure customer satisfaction, the Company developed its own, proprietary logistics software application. The application is used on a daily basis by all business functions within the flight operations center. The logistics application entered a major upgrade cycle and the Company wanted to ensure a smooth and successful rollout upon release.
While the software development process itself was well managed, the Company underestimated the importance of (and time and resources needed to develop) end user training and communication to a successful software rollout. The Company faced additional challenges, including: updates to related business processes and workflows; lack of flight ops staff bandwidth for training; no system documentation and limited system SME resources; and prior, failed system update rollouts.
The Company turned to a blended learning model, split into two components: e-learning courseware and classroom-based, Instructor Led Training (ILT). The former focused on general orientation to the new software version, key concepts and terminology and basic workflows. The latter focused on real-life scenarios, problem solving and application of the new processes and technology.
- Targeted, job-specific training programs minimized flight operation center staff downtime, reduced time to adoption and drove successful utilization of the new software version
- E-learning-based pre-work level set the intended audience with baseline process and system knowledge, prior to attending high-touch, simulation-based classroom training
- Interactive, media rich content – used in both the self-paced e-learning courses and the classroom-based instruction – increased learner engagement, retention and application of new system knowledge
- Integration of with the Company’s existing HR system with the LMS eliminated the need for training managers or the employees to create accounts in the LMS, reducing rollout friction
- The rapid implementation methodology of the LMS enabled the Company to have a learning portal ready for courseware upload and event creation in under a month
- Real-time tracking, reporting and automated reporting enabled management to monitor performance and make adjustments to the training program, as needed
Key Inquisiq Features
- Mobile-responsive user experience, accessible via any Internet-connected device
- Rapid LMS implementation methodology – go-live in weeks, not months
- HR system API based account registration
- Group and role-based learning paths and enrollment automation
- End-to-end management of e-learning courses and classroom-based events via a single platform
- Performance racking, reporting and automated report distribution across the enterprise – for training managers, business managers and leadership
- Contemporary, intuitive user interfaces for rapid adoption and decreased time-to-utilization